Classic Double Hung Window
The Carinya Classic Double Hung Window is a slimline design to complement heritage houses and new homes aiming for a designer look.
Carinya has many visible advantages over alternative products in addition to its obvious aesthetic qualities. These include:
- Specifically designed to accommodate screening within the head and sill to deliver that clean professional finish not available with many competitor products.
- The Carinya attention to detail includes bump stops top and bottom to prevent frame damage.
- Full perimeter weather piles reduce air and water infiltration.
- A choice of lockable or latchable handles are available.
|Maximum Sash Height:1090
|Maximum Sash Width:
|Maximum Glass Thickness:
|Maximum Sash Weight:
|Frame width available in :
Carinya products have been designed to accept screening products without the need for unsightly adaptors or added material. Door and window screening provides protection from insects and other unwanted ‘guests’ to your home, whilst minimising the impact on your view.
Invisi-Gard Stainless Steel Security Screening
Fixed window security screens are becoming more of a requirement for the conscious home owner and Invisi-Gard is your ideal match for durability, protection and performance.
KidScreen Window Fall Prevention
A unique patent design, cost effective barrier solution designed specifically for child protection of openable windows, KidScreen were recently presented with a highly commended Award from the “Australian Windows Association Most Innovative Window Component 2013”.
Depending on the look require, you have many colour options for your Carinya Windows and Doors. Your Carinya Dealer can help you through this process of selecting a prefect match to your project.
Carinya Windows and Doors can be finished by one of two options for aluminium:
- A tough and durable option allowing for a wide range of colours.
- A choice or world leading suppliers of powder finishes;
- Finishing is provided by supplier accredited Alspec branches, as well as selected quality contractors.
- Warranties are available. Depending on your finish option, you will receive a warranty ranging from 7 years (film and colour integrity) to 15 years (film and colour integrity).
You may prefer a choice of anodizing, an electro-chemical treatment available in standard finishes, natural anodized and non standard, bronze and black.
All Carinya double hung window sashes feature corner blocks in all four corners of the sashes. These blocks make the sash more rigid, reducing twist and movement. This reduction in movement increases the performance of the window by reducing opportunities for air, water and dust infiltration.
These proprietary Carinya corner blocks also interact with the balances in both the top and bottom sashes to provide a stable and secure window.
The spring balances come in a range of lengths and spring strengths to suit a wide variety of different window heights and sash weight. Combined with an adjustable balance friction foot this ensures that your custom made window will operate smoothly for many years to come.
Specially designed finseals are fitted all around both sashes. These seals act as insulation to prevent drafts, dust, light and other contaminants coming in from outside through the edges of the windows.
Now you can install green, green glass at home – with designer style! The Carinya Collection of aluminium framed windows and doors has been specifically designed to be environmentally friendly, reflecting Carinya’s commercial market heritage, where thermal and acoustic performance are often critical.
Of all building materials including glass, timber and masonry only one material is 100% recyclable – Aluminium.
Windows are vital to the energy efficiency of any home. Research by the Sustainable Windows Alliance of Australia shows the typical Australian home can achieve an increase of 2 to 2.5 stars energy efficiency simply by upgrading the windows.Unlike many aluminium windows, Carinya has been designed for all major forms of eco-friendly glazing options without any alteration to the frame or any unsightly add-ons.
Carinya frames are designed for eco-friendly Low E glass, high thermal and high acoustic performance 10.5mm glazing. To maximise the energy efficiency of your glazing discuss your project with a specialist Carinya Dealer and/or your architect or designer.
Remember the three most important issues for achieving maximum energy efficiency in a home are:
- Orientation – always try and have living areas facing north with seasonal shading.
- Window quality and
- A range of sill options are available for applications requiring increased weather performance.
- A range of mullions and transoms complete with end caps for a quality finish.
- Choice of screening options BetterVue® and UltraVue® for superior mesh solutions.
- A ventlock that allows the window to be secured in a partially opened position to allow ventilation whilst still being secure.