Classic Sliding Door
The Carinya Classic Sliding Door is a product in the residential market having evolved out of a system designed for the high rise apartment market.
This commercial background means that besides a modern designer look, the Carinya Classic Sliding Door is packed with a multitude of performance features, many of which are simply not available in competing products:
- Rather than unsightly exposed tracks found in most residential doors, Carinya has a complete range of threshold and jamb in-fills as well as end caps to conceal all cavities. This not only provides a superior quality, commercial grade finish but also minimises places for insects, dirt and grit to gather.
- An internally concealed weather flap also reduces air and water infiltration and minimises insect intrusion through the drain holes.
- All Carinya sliding doors feature a choice of sill configurations catering for every weather performance requirement, including a wheelchair accessible sill.
- There is also a range of attractive interlock options to meet a wide variety of wind load requirements up to the most demanding cyclonic conditions.
The entire Carinya Collection has been fully tested to meet or exceed Australian Standards AS2047, AS1170, AS1191 and AS3959.
|Maximum Sash Height:||2700mm|
|Maximum Sash Width:||1500mm|
|Maximum Glass Thickness:||Thickness:10.5mm or 18mm IGU|
|Maximum Sash Weight:||160kg|
|Frame width available in :||92mm & 150mm|
Carinya products have been designed to accept screening products without the need for unsightly adaptors or added material. Door and window screening provides protection from insects and other unwanted ‘guests’ to your home, whilst minimising the impact on your view.
Invisi-Gard Stainless Steel Security Screening
Fixed door security screens are becoming more of a requirement for the conscious home owner and Invisi-Gard is your ideal match for durability, protection and performance.
Depending on the look require, you have many colour options for your Carinya Windows and Doors. Your Carinya Dealer can help you through this process of selecting a prefect match to your project.
Carinya Windows and Doors can be finished by one of two options for aluminium:
- A tough and durable option allowing for a wide range of colours.
- A choice or world leading suppliers of powder finishes;
- Finishing is provided by supplier accredited Alspec branches, as well as selected quality contractors.
- Warranties are available. Depending on your finish option, you will receive a warranty ranging from 7 years (film and colour integrity) to 15 years (film and colour integrity).
You may prefer a choice of anodizing, an electro-chemical treatment available in standard finishes, natural anodized and non standard, bronze and black.
The Yarra Curve door lock provides functionality and varying finish options for your project. This functional design allows for ease of use and utilises 5 pin cylinder security for peace of mind.
To maximise the performance of your sliding door we have utilised our proprietary Alspec roller system. It’s the same system used throughout our commercial range and is available in two gauges –
- Custom: for the majority of loads up to 80kg per panel;
- Heavy duty commercial: designed for extra large sashes and major double glazing loads up to 160kg per panel.
Stainless rollers and optional stainless cover track are also available for coastal environments, allowing for enduring performance and durability.
Both roller systems have been designed to interact with the stiles to create a strong and robust panel, minimising movement in joints and opportunities for air infiltration.
Now you can install green, green glass at home – with designer style! The Carinya Collection of aluminium framed windows and doors has been specifically designed to be environmentally friendly, reflecting Carinya’s commercial market heritage, where thermal and acoustic performance are often critical.
Of all building materials including glass, timber and masonry only one material is 100% recyclable – Aluminium.
Windows are vital to the energy efficiency of any home. Research by the Sustainable Windows Alliance of Australia shows the typical Australian home can achieve an increase of 2 to 2.5 stars energy efficiency simply by upgrading the windows.Unlike many aluminium windows, Carinya has been designed for all major forms of eco-friendly glazing options without any alteration to the frame or any unsightly add-ons.
Carinya frames are designed for eco-friendly Low E glass, high thermal and high acoustic performance 10.5mm glazing. To maximise the energy efficiency of your glazing discuss your project with a specialist Carinya Dealer and/or your architect or designer.
Remember the three most important issues for achieving maximum energy efficiency in a home are:
- Orientation – always try and have living areas facing north with seasonal shading.
- Window quality and
- A range of sill options are available for applications requiring increased weather performance.
- A range of mullions and transoms complete with end caps for a quality finish.
- Choice of screening options BetterVue® and UltraVue® for superior mesh solutions.
- A ventlock that allows the window to be secured in a partially opened position to allow ventilation whilst still being secure.