High Performance Double Hung Window
The Select Choice
Besides a modern designer look, the Carinya Select double hung window is packed with a multitude of performance features, many of which are simply not available in competing products:
- With a generous 92mm frame width this double hung is perfect for large openings up to 2.2 metres tall and 1 metre wide.
- The 92mm frame width allows for integrated screening within the width of the frame for a clean designer finish.
- Cleaning is a breeze. If required, both top and bottom sashes (or panels) can be removed thanks to special take out clips and a unique heavy duty sash balance system.
- The Carinya attention to detail includes bump stops to prevent frame damage, end caps to conceal sharp corners, as well as internal and external weather flaps that hide drainage slots and minimise insect intrusion.
- Full perimeter weather piles reduce air infiltration and improve acoustic performance.
|Maximum Sash Height:||1090mm|
|Maximum Sash Width:||1000mm|
|Maximum Glass Thickness:||Thickness:10.5mm or 18mm IGU|
|Maximum Sash Weight:||20kg|
|Frame width available in :||92mm|
Carinya products have been designed to accept screening products without the need for unsightly adaptors or added material. Door and window screening provides protection from insects and other unwanted ‘guests’ to your home, whilst minimising the impact on your view.
Invisi-Gard Stainless Steel Security Screening
Fixed window security screens are becoming more of a requirement for the conscious home owner and Invisi-Gard is your ideal match for durability, protection and performance.
KidScreen Window Fall Prevention
A unique patent design, cost effective barrier solution designed specifically for child protection of openable windows, KidScreen were recently presented with a highly commended Award from the “Australian Windows Association Most Innovative Window Component 2013”.
Depending on the look require, you have many colour options for your Carinya Windows and Doors. Your Carinya Dealer can help you through this process of selecting a prefect match to your project.
Carinya Windows and Doors can be finished by one of two options for aluminium:
- A tough and durable option allowing for a wide range of colours.
- A choice or world leading suppliers of powder finishes;
- Finishing is provided by supplier accredited Alspec branches, as well as selected quality contractors.
- Warranties are available. Depending on your finish option, you will receive a warranty ranging from 7 years (film and colour integrity) to 15 years (film and colour integrity).
You may prefer a choice of anodizing, an electro-chemical treatment available in standard finishes, natural anodized and non standard, bronze and black.
All Carinya double hung window sashes feature corner blocks in all four corners of the sashes. These blocks make the sash more rigid, reducing twist and movement. This reduction in movement increases the performance of the window by reducing opportunities for air, water and dust infiltration.
The balance system for the Carinya Select double hung window is designed and manufactured in the USA for large and heavy windows. The balance features a unique “block and tackle” design that caters for heavy weights and will provide smooth operation of even larger windows. As the balances are engineered for specific sizes and weights of windows, they require no adjusting during or after installation so as to provide long service for many years to come.
This design also means that both top and bottom sashes can be easily removed to allow easy cleaning of the window from inside the house.
Specially designed finseals are fitted all around both sashes. These seals act as insulation to prevent drafts, dust and other contaminants coming in from outside through the edges of windows. The pile is manufactured from multi-filament fibres that move independently, guaranteeing an airtight seal.
Now you can install green, green glass at home – with designer style! The Carinya Collection of aluminium framed windows and doors has been specifically designed to be environmentally friendly, reflecting Carinya’s commercial market heritage, where thermal and acoustic performance are often critical.
Of all building materials including glass, timber and masonry only one material is 100% recyclable – Aluminium.
Windows are vital to the energy efficiency of any home. Research by the Sustainable Windows Alliance of Australia shows the typical Australian home can achieve an increase of 2 to 2.5 stars energy efficiency simply by upgrading the windows.Unlike many aluminium windows, Carinya has been designed for all major forms of eco-friendly glazing options without any alteration to the frame or any unsightly add-ons.
Carinya frames are designed for eco-friendly Low E glass, high thermal and high acoustic performance 10.5mm glazing. To maximise the energy efficiency of your glazing discuss your project with a specialist Carinya Dealer and/or your architect or designer.
Remember the three most important issues for achieving maximum energy efficiency in a home are:
- Orientation – always try and have living areas facing north with seasonal shading.
- Window quality and
- A range of sill options are available for applications requiring increased weather performance.
- A range of mullions and transoms complete with end caps for a quality finish.
- Choice of screening options BetterVue® and UltraVue® for superior mesh solutions.
- A ventlock that allows the window to be secured in a partially opened position to allow ventilation whilst still being secure.